We love our communities.
We want to see the small businesses in our communities grow and thrive. One of the best ways to support each other is to shop for local products. We have combed the Michiana region to find the products you will love – and by buying these products, you will be making local communities stronger. In addition to the many regional products listed in other sections of the website, consider these:
- From Brownwood Acres, Michigan: fruit preserves and intriguing BBQ sauces such as cherry and Yankee bourbon.
- Salsa: blueberry or bean/corn salsa from a certified organic farm close to the Sleeping Dunes National Lakeshore or home style salsas and jams from Bremen, Indiana.
- From Wild Time Foods in Michigan: soup and cake mixes.
- Raw honey from Christensen Family Apiary or maple syrup from Maple Row Sugarhouse, both in Jones, Michigan.
- From Middlebury, Indiana: noodles, peanut butter spreads, and whipped honey made by Dutch Country Market.
- Melt-in- your-mouth cashew crunch, made by Indiana Amish; smooth and creamy ice cream from Plainwell, Michigan; an assortment of meat rubs, herb blends, and specialty salts from Salt Sisters in Goshen, Indiana—you are beginning to get the picture!
And where else can you get local farm-fresh brown eggs AND gather around an old-fashioned pickle barrel while you are shopping? Come join us, have a pickle, and support our local small business owners.